Thursday, January 15, 2009

You Can Thank Stephenie Meyer!


This is my first blog post. Welcome to my Right-Brained world.

Brace yourself.

I should probably start by giving you a little background information. I'm 40 years old. I have been married for 23 years to a wonderful man I met my first semester of college. We have 2 children - a 17-year old daughter, Ashley, and a 13-year old son, Eric. We currently live in a suburb northeast of Atlanta and have been here for 15 years. My husband is a firefighter/medic and I'm currently a stay-at-home mom, going back to school for my degree in Child Psychology (more on that later).

Why am I here?

Let's see... Back in October 2008, I, like millions of others, read the Twilight Series. It took me a total of 7 days to complete all 4 books, but I would have been finished earlier had I not had to order New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn from Amazon and wait 2 days for the package to get to me. I bring this up only because after completing the 4 books, I was still unsatisfied. I needed more. So, I Googled it. (Only a couple of people in this world will find humor in that statement!) There it was, first in the search results... Stephenie Meyer's, the author, website. After hours of perusing the site, I read the first 12 chapters of Midnight Sun -- Twilight written from Edward's point of view. That was followed by even more reading... the FAQs, the blooper reel and how she came up with the storyline to begin with.

So... a few days later, I'm having vivid dreams and, like a mad woman, I'm writing each detail down because I was bound and determined to be an author and, of course, my first book would be a worldwide success!

Of course!

Which brings me to the present time, January 2009... blogging instead. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

I do have to thank Stephenie Meyer though. She did get the creative juices flowing again! I have a novel I began writing in 1987 (that's right, 1987), consisting of 13 chapters so far (226 typewritten pages) that I have blown the dust off. Maybe I'll get around to finishing it now!

Well, anyway.. here you go... my first official blog post. I invite you to stay and pull up a seat. I can't promise you that you will agree with those thoughts that preoccupy my brain, but I can promise you that you will not leave without something to think about. (Yes, I ended a sentence with a preposition -- it drives me nuts!)

Caio for now! Until next time, friends!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great first post Lora

Anonymous said...

I see you fell in love with Twilight too! Have you seen the movie?

Lora said...

Yes, I've seen the movie several times already!

Anonymous said...

Nice blog site, Lora. I will make sure to check back from time to time and read your updates.

Anonymous said...

Wow.
And you say I'm addicted.

Lora said...

Thanks, Sarah, and you are addicted, Leanna! ;) Thank you all for stopping by and helping me feel welcome in THIS world!